Thursday, August 2, 2012

Zucchini stuffed shells

A quick weeknight favorite of ours is stuffed shells. Boil store bought jumbo shells until tender. Rinse in cool water so they can be handled. For the filling, add equal amounts of your favorite cheeses. For tonight's recipe, I used mozzarella and a cheddar blend combined with a couple of tablespoons of cream cheese. You can also use ricotta. A shake of parmesan cheese to finish. Combine well. For this recipe I also shredded a zucchini in the filling just to hide some extra veggies. Stuff the filling in the cooled shells. Arrange in a shallow baking dish sprayed with nonstick spray. Pour store bought spaghetti sauce over the top of the shells. Top with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350• for about 12-15 mins.

1 comment:

  1. That looks so yummy! I'm so glad your doing this. I'll look forward to making some of your ideas for my boys.

    ReplyDelete