Sunday, August 5, 2012

Grilled pizza and okra

You don't have to be a chef to make great food. You just have to think outside the box. I took a store bought pizza and added a ton of extra toppings and threw it on the grill. Add whatever you like. I added extra cheese, black olives, basil, oil olive and chopped tomatoes. The crust will get done before its hot all the way through so you will have to move it to the top rack of your grill after about 10 mins. If you don't have a top rack, then move over indirect heat.

A weird pairing but....

I've never liked okra but in Oklahoma it's kind of a staple. I'm on a mission to find a recipe I'll like. I started with a handful of wheat crackers and pulsed them in a chopper. I mixed in chopped okra and olive oil. Sauté on the grill until crisp. About 20 mins.

The result? Delish! The boys had several helpings!

No comments:

Post a Comment