Sunday, August 12, 2012

Anchovy Spaghetti?

I know. I know. Anchovies? If you don't like them, just omit. The recipe is just as good with or without. You could also substitute chicken. But really, just try it! It's a minimal investment in adventure. This is an adaptation of a recipe I saw on Food Network. Of course, it's hard for me to follow a recipe without dissecting it and starting over with my own version. So here is it.

•start water to boil for any type pasta you prefer. add pasta to boiling water and cook til tender.

•in one sauce pan, add plain breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese to toast. This takes about 6-8 mins.

•Next, Olive oil, salt, chopped onions, dash of crushed red pepper and garlic sautéed over medium heat until brown. About 3/4 the way to browning, add anchovies. Make sure they are cleaned and deboned.

•Once the onion mixture is brown, add about half a can of chopped black olives and half a can of diced tomatoes. I prefer the Hunts brand.

•Combine pasta, onion-tomato-olive mixture. Top with breadcrumbs and toss.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment